Aptitude, Aptitude Hack, Aptitude Tricks & Tips, Mock Test, Test Series,

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Aptitude Hack#69(3-5-19)

Question:

Hari(H), Gita(G), Irfan(I) and Saira(S) are siblings (i.e., brothers and sisters). All were born on 1st January. The age difference between any two successive siblings (that is born one after another) is less than three years. Given the following facts:


  1. Hari's age + Gita's age > Irfan's age + Saira's age
  2. The age difference between Gita and Saira is one year. However, Gita is not the oldest and Saira is not the youngest.
  3. There are no twins.


In what order they were born (oldest first)?

A) HSIG
B) SGHI
C) IGSH
D) IHSG

Answer: B) SGHI

Explanation:

Given that, 

H+G>S+I
No twins, 
And either G=S+1 or S=G+1
G is not the oldest and S is not the youngest. 

Let us analyze each case, 

Case 1:

G=S+1, 

It implies, H>I−1 Since twins are not possible H>I

Case 2:

G=S−1, 
It implies H>I+1

Therefore, both cases imply H is older than I, also G and S must be placed successively. 

Only option B satisfies these implications. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment